Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Sick and Tired of my phone!

I have a 24 month contract for a blackberry curve that is due to end in December this year. I would love a new phone, me and this one don't get on very well! Its an awful lot of money going to waste to pay the rest of the contract off(I am paying £30 a month by the way) so I am just wondering do have any other options?
Does the simcard that is in the blackberry work fine in other phones? Can O2 not just let me sign up to a new contract now? Can I get the phone replaced if it is going faulty? Anything?
Many thanks for your help Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Re: Sick and Tired of my phone!

You could always buy a phone and then, when your contract is up, switch to a simplicity deal
Anonymous

I do not think o2 will let you start a new contract taking you would like to cancel the one you have now, ask customer service though to be sure on that. Your sim as far as I know should work in any phone but once again check with o2.
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

You could always start another contract for that free phone and trying to convince a close family member to take over the bill. However, you'll still be liable for any unpaid amounts they incur as you cannot transfer the contract itself only payment details.
Else do as BF suggests buy a phone of your choice and get CS to swap the BB tariff to the web one (assuming you don't get another BB!)
Anonymous

Your best bet would be to buy yourself a new hand set and put you contract sim in it. You will have to make sure that you tell 02 that your not using your blackberry anymore as the internet bunndle will need to be changed.
Also you should be able to reduce your monthly tarriff if you find your not using all your mins ect. Hope that helps
Anonymous

Hi just read your comment! i am exactly the same! i got a Blackberry bold and after 3 months its started to go wrong, keep freezing and all sorts we just dont get along!! i have called CS and they told me i had to send it in for repair and i couldnt change it, but my partner is on Voda and his blackberry went wrong after a year and voda swapped it straight away for him!! which is great but o2 wants me to send mine in and wait for repair to be done i think this is awful as voda their competiton send a new phone out within 3days!! awful !! will not be aking out another contract with o2!! :robotmad:
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Hi just read your comment! i am exactly the same! i got a Blackberry bold and after 3 months its started to go wrong, keep freezing and all sorts we just dont get along!! i have called CS and they told me i had to send it in for repair and i couldnt change it, but my partner is on Voda and his blackberry went wrong after a year and voda swapped it straight away for him!! which is great but o2 wants me to send mine in and wait for repair to be done i think this is awful as voda their competiton send a new phone out within 3days!! awful !! will not be aking out another contract with o2!! :robotmad:

And if you read half the complaints about Vodafone service you would know why so many are happy with O2! Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Well I have 2 say my partner has been with vodafone for many years and never had a problem with them! Wwhereas I have had many of problems with o2 :robotindifferent:
Anonymous

You can only go by your experiences. But all the problems reported on here are common to every network. I've worked for a couple and nothing changes wherever you go Smiley Very Happy
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Well I have 2 say my partner has been with vodafone for many years and never had a problem with them! Wwhereas I have had many of problems with o2 :robotindifferent:

Quite possible, you're only quoting your own personal experience, nearly half the population have an O2 phone, so they must be doing something right.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1