Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Should i leave O2 already ?

I'm with O2 PAYG for about 5 years. I decide to go contract with a nice phone, go to four shops to see what's available and i am met with utter don't-know-don't-care attitude... Whats up O2 ? Don't you need my business anymore ? Shops were semi deserted, no clients to chat up. Is it so difficult to put some effort into finding a deal for prospective (contract) customer ?

Ok, now in detail.

I'm currently using an HTC S710 wm smartphone (on PAYG) which is starting to fall apart due to my 2 year old daughter taking a liking to it (a lot)... So i'm considering an HTC Touch Pro phone (XDA Serra on O2) as a replacement to my S710.

Went to the shop to see whats available, plans, contracts. Asked for XDA Serra and was told that its gonna be £75 a month and only on business. I call BS (politely) and they tell me they cannot do anything. They say "go phone customer service"...Really ? Same scenario repeats in three other O2 retail shops in three different cities.

Well, i go to Vodafone store which happily would give me HTC Touch Pro on 18 month contract, good minutes, unlimited landline, decent mobile internet, some other stuff... for £40 a month... It took them about half an hour to hack this plan together for me. So far O2 face-to-face service has been beaten by Voda hands down.

If anyone at O2 is interested in helping me stay with you (which i prefer due to being a long time customer of yours) email me to the address in my profile. And please don't tell me to call universal customer service. I want to deal with a person that has a last name or a face (or, preferably both).

Thanks for listening (reading)

#Edit1# Oh yeah, whats the procedure of recovering a PAC code of the PAYG card for transfer to other operator (need be)
Anonymous

As a new contract customer you wont be able to negotiate a deal with any contract when going direct through o2, so if you want this phone then im afraid you would be paying the £75 per month to get the phone for free.

You can get the phone on a lower tariff but there would be a charge for the handset as well.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,309

Unfortunately you will have to ring someone at customer services for your PAC code if you want to take your number with you.
Anonymous

As a new contract customer you wont be able to negotiate a deal with any contract when going direct through o2, so if you want this phone then im afraid you would be paying the £75 per month to get the phone for free.
You can get the phone on a lower tariff but there would be a charge for the handset as well.

/sarcasm on... Good attitiude dave1234. New contract customers is more than old long time PAYG customers ? /sarcasm off

I hope dave1234 doesnt work for O2, because attitude like that will kill O2. "Not able to negotiate" ? Oh really ? Vodafone seems to be perfectly capable of doing just that to get a customer.
Anonymous

I don't work for o2 but you post like you are on the warpath. If 4 different people tell you the same thing, then clearly what they are saying is correct. You complain about them then say you do not want to talk to a faceless customer service person on the phone! I have never dealt with a person in store for account queries and the people on the phone have always been great! Go on take a risk and try it Smiley Tongue

Also I do think I remember there being bugs with the XDA Serra causing it to become unavailable through o2 for a while, though I am not sure if that is still the case.

Also dave1234 attitude clearly won't kill o2 as that actually is the case, new contracts get what is on offer and you can't haggle a price down etc. o2 have the highest customer base and so it hasn't killed them yet! I would say call Customer Service, explain you are a long time P&G customer and maybe they could help you with an 'upgrade' type of deal?
Anonymous

/sarcasm on... Good attitiude dave1234. New contract customers is more than old long time PAYG customers ? /sarcasm off
I hope dave1234 doesnt work for O2, because attitude like that will kill O2. "Not able to negotiate" ? Oh really ? Vodafone seems to be perfectly capable of doing just that to get a customer.

Ha ha, i had no attitide, i was clearly stating facts.