cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have an iphone 6S pay monthly at £31 a month and have 1 year left, when I log in my account and choose upgrade today, it showed that I have to pay £282 left for my current tariff which included 25% off for my current plan or wait till Nov 2017 for upgrading free!

What I don't understand is that what is "free" in here as on Nov 2017 I will pay all my monthly cost of £31 per month and if I pay today I will have 25% discount on my tariff and that'll be £282 for 12 months so it will be £23.5 per month! Btw does that mean I can pay before due date and get 25% off? Do I have to pay any early fee? Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous Firstly this is a customer only forum. Sounds like you are on a refresh tariff so if you pay off £282 today, you would be eligible to upgrade straight afterwards. The 25% off you get is due to the early settlement you would get if you chose to pay it off.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Free means you don't have to pay off what you owe on the phone, as you would today if you upgraded.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3