Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service

heatherp6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 40 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Paid for my friends and family bolt on, on 25th March, o2 took the money, but the bolt on isnt working, I,ve had the bolt on for years, 

just rang o2, and both operator and manager were foreign, and said they,ll need to look into it and it will take over 3 days !!!!!!!!!!, I pay 12,79 a month for this, we only found out because a grandaughter whose on it, tried to ring her mum and couldnt, now been told its a technical issues, not happy, 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... because 02 cant be bothhered to put a mast in the village,

I understand your frustration... but...unfortunately it's not as simple as that..  we would love to put masts anywhere we want, but if governments and councils don't want/allow us to do so (as well as other factors to do with the land) - then that would be the end of that.  Regardless, of what we want or how much customers scream... there are times where it is simply out of our control -- and until technology catches up to eliminate the distance/signal degredation  variable I'm not sure what else any network (including O2) can do.

Message 11 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

To be honest I am shocked that you would want to upgrade with a network that can't provide you with a service at home. Have you checked other networks?

Many people with iphones seem to have problems with TU though it does work fine with Android. If you are wanting to keep with Apple you would be better with a network that does give you the advantage of true wifi calling which the latest ios is capable of providing.  O2 don't yet support it so you need to explore all your options.

Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

if i thought it would be better else where i would be gone.

Enough said really.

Buy a sim free phone and stay with your existing contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been billed for 35 text messages sent to Norway while I was on a ship in Caribbean. I don't know anyone in Norway and didn't send any texts while I was away. All I got from chat line was that my phone should have been locked. It always is and needs a PIN to open it. Useless support.

Message 14 of 22

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you were in the Carribean its quite likewly you were using the ship's network which would be expensive. Which cruiseline was it?

Message 15 of 22

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes indeed, as jonsie has said, you would have been connected to the ships network which is based in Norway so it would be using that location as the International gateway for sending texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Can I just ask out of genuine interest....if folk want to go on a cruise is there any way at all you can use phones and laptops etc without incurring the ships horrendous WiFi charges?

I ask as my neighbours are wanting to cruise and they are worried to death about taking tablets and mobiles etc

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No, not in the middle of the Ocean, it's the ship or nothing.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 22

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Exactly right. One of the main advantages/downsides of a cruise is that you used to be isolated until you got to a port. These days though there are new ways for a cruiseship to get even more revenue from you.

Message 19 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Thanks. I honestly thought that would be the answer.... but I asked in case someone knew of any magical way of 'tethering to some hotspot in the deep blue sea'.....LOL gif run.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 22