Did you mean: 

Sheffield Broken Mast

Karl2003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Just moved into Handsworth sheffield to find I have no signal, after a little investigation I find that a mast not more than 1/4 of a mile from my new house is not working, does anyone know how long these problems take to fix or whether it is an ongoing problem in that area?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
o2 does not publish repair times on masts as they can be very complicated to get to and fix.
The only thing we can advise is to download the network status app and keep reporting the issue, and if you know anyone on o2 in the area for them to do the same.
Depending on your phone make/model and where you got it from (directly from o2 or through another retailer) you could try WiFi calling, but this does not include messages (SMS).
Alternatively if you meet the criteria (pay monthly, single sim on your account) you could try the o2 Ask app. This will allow you to make calls and send/receive text over WiFi, but it does not step in to receive calls if you do not have mobile signal.
Finally, once the issue is resolved (ie, the mast is fixed) you could try calling o2 customer services to complain about the lack of signal and they MAY offer some compensation...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
o2 does not publish repair times on masts as they can be very complicated to get to and fix.
The only thing we can advise is to download the network status app and keep reporting the issue, and if you know anyone on o2 in the area for them to do the same.
Depending on your phone make/model and where you got it from (directly from o2 or through another retailer) you could try WiFi calling, but this does not include messages (SMS).
Alternatively if you meet the criteria (pay monthly, single sim on your account) you could try the o2 Ask app. This will allow you to make calls and send/receive text over WiFi, but it does not step in to receive calls if you do not have mobile signal.
Finally, once the issue is resolved (ie, the mast is fixed) you could try calling o2 customer services to complain about the lack of signal and they MAY offer some compensation...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Some links that you may find of use:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Apps/App-Guide-My-Network/m-p/637595#U637595
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-E...

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
Handsworth is quite a big area of sheffield, so are you near the church or down near the Asda, or down towards Waverley? There are 3 masts in the vicinity of Handsworth and all are shared with Voda.

I live in S12 and travel through Handsworth every day and never noticed a drop in Signal or any loss of 4G

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Karl2003
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on the new gateway estate overlooking waverley, I,m assuming it's the mast down waverley lane as I can get signal once i'm closer to handsworth road

Message 5 of 5