Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing daya

Deb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have 2 o2 phone both with data tariffs now being told that when one runs out we can’t transfer over data from one to the other. When I was sold these phones I specifically asked that this was possible and was told yes. Anyone else been Missold?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can share data, but only in one direction and if you are on the correct tariff/plan.
You will need to have one "master" which can share, and then others will use that allowance (I don't think they have their own).
Check out the information on the links below:
http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/O2-SHARER-DATA-TARIFS-MINI-GUIDE/td-p/835753

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Deb

Are you on a sharer tariff? Have you one nominated device as the lead device? If so then you should be able to share data, but ONLY if this was set up when you specifically opted into a Sharen Plan at the start of contract

See info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Deb

You need to contact customer services to see if you are actually on a Sharer tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Deb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I’ve been on the phone to them this morning and they are saying that we can’t do this as both have data although one has run out. They say I can’t then transfer some of my remain 17 to the other phone. I also phone the o2 shop I purchased from and they were very vague and frankly rude. I feel as if I’ve been miss sold another contract for two phones. On the promise of this alone I went with them after considering leaving for another provider.
Message 5 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The problem you have is that you asked is it possible, rather than set me up on the correct tariff.
Depending how long ago this was you MIGHT be able to switch, but to do so will require another call to customer services...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Deb

When you asked if it was possible, they really should have helped you set up the correct Sharer Tariff.

They didn't and I can understand why you would be annoyed.

You could complain but before that I will ask our community managers if they can help @Marjo @Martin-O2

@EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Deb, I'll send you a Private Message now to get some more information, so we can have someone on our end look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention and @gmarkj for the advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT

I normally wouldn't have involved you, though on this occasion @Deb didn't appear to get what she wanted from the store.

NB Edited for damn spelling!!..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks @EmilieT

I normally wouldn't have involved you, though on this occasion @Deb didn't appears to get what she wanted from the store...

That'll be because I've never found one single person within O2 who understands how shared data works or what tariffs are required to make it a reality.

Not helped by the fact that someone keeps changing the rules and requirements, so no, a guide would not be possible to write wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13