Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing data

Sassysarahg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please could someone help I would love to know how I share data from one device to another x
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sassysarahg

All info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

How can I get it?

To get a sharer plan, you’ll need a phone or tablet on an O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data. This will be your lead device. It doesn’t have to be on a new contract – go to My O2 or come and see us in store to share your current data allowance.

Once you’ve got your lead device, you can then add up to nine other phones, tablets or sims to share its data allowance. If you already have additional devices that you want to add to a sharer plan, you can add them as soon as they’re out of contract.

With My O2 you’ll be able to keep tabs on how much data you’ve got left – download the app for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone 8 devices. We’ll also text you if you’re close to running out of data and you can always add a Bolt On or increase your allowance if you need to.

To find out more, speak to an advisor in your local O2 store or call us on 0344 809 0202.

Sharer plans are now compatible with our flexible tariffs. Meaning you can flex the amount of data you share, as long as you only move to another sharer-compatible tariff. For phones you can move between any of our tariffs with 1GB or more data and still share your data. For mobile broadband you’d need to move between tariffs with 3GB or more data, to continue sharing. Any changes will be made the day after your next bill date

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sassysarahg

All info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

How can I get it?

To get a sharer plan, you’ll need a phone or tablet on an O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data. This will be your lead device. It doesn’t have to be on a new contract – go to My O2 or come and see us in store to share your current data allowance.

Once you’ve got your lead device, you can then add up to nine other phones, tablets or sims to share its data allowance. If you already have additional devices that you want to add to a sharer plan, you can add them as soon as they’re out of contract.

With My O2 you’ll be able to keep tabs on how much data you’ve got left – download the app for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone 8 devices. We’ll also text you if you’re close to running out of data and you can always add a Bolt On or increase your allowance if you need to.

To find out more, speak to an advisor in your local O2 store or call us on 0344 809 0202.

Sharer plans are now compatible with our flexible tariffs. Meaning you can flex the amount of data you share, as long as you only move to another sharer-compatible tariff. For phones you can move between any of our tariffs with 1GB or more data and still share your data. For mobile broadband you’d need to move between tariffs with 3GB or more data, to continue sharing. Any changes will be made the day after your next bill date

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would have to have set up a sharer account when taking out the contract.

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You would have to have set up a sharer account when taking out the contract.

I thought so @jonsie. Hoever, if you look at my copy and paste, they make a point of saying it doesn't need to be a new contract?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's there then they may have changed it now or maybe I'm just getting to old for all this....smile

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If it's there then they may have changed it now or maybe I'm just getting to old for all this....smile

I actually wrote 'it has to be a new contract', posted my copy of info read it ...and then went back to to edit..joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Jacobladder
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have unlimited data on my lead device. 3 gigs located to two others and I can’t seem to change that. Pls help!! 🙏🏻
Message 7 of 11

Jacobladder
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ie: I want to share the data equally
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jacobladder 

You can't share more than that from an unlimited data tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

miguel_de_sousa
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im getting these emails. When I got my tablet i put all my contracts on a shared package, but now it seems I must do it. There is no indication on myO2 to be able to go ahead. please help

Thank you

We've noticed that your number hasnt been set up to share data yet.

Set up soon to get the most out of your sharer plan and device. It's easy to set up, just visit  www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

If you don't set up sharing, we may need to move you to a standard tariff.

See our T&C's (http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions) for more info.

Message 10 of 11