Did you mean: 

Sharer Plan - Total Mess up!!

kavin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus and decided that it made sense to move onto a sharer data plan http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans to allow my wife to share my 20GB data and also take an an iPhone 7 Plus device plan for her.

Now the problem started right from the start. I finally after 45 minutes go to someone in o2 who was trained in sharer plans and could take my order - as it has to be done over the phone. I went through a 20-30 min process of going through T&Cs etc. The final step is an email link is sent to you to confirm everything, after putting down the phone I clicked the link only to get an error.

Now i phoned back the next morning to explain this again too me forever to get someone who would understand what i was talking about. Only to be told it was not as simple as just sending out the email again and I would have to go through the whole process again. So reluctantly I did only to get the same issue!!

Another call to o2 and finally someone knew what they were talking about and resolved my issue. iPhones turned up a few weeks later and a new sim for my wife.

I received an email saying I hadnt setup sharing after 1 day and the very next day I received another email saying I had moved to 1GB data plan. I had not requested this and I was unable to set up my shared data on My O2 like i was told I was meant to!!

After a long call to customer services this morning, I have been told I had to do it within 7 days of placing the order - impossible as I didnt have the sim card or number to setup sharing!! They have since told me this has been setup as a seperate contract which is not my fault and i need to return this and go through the process again.

I am NOT doing this, as I have told my wifes old device and awaiting a call from a manager. I need them to simply just link the new number to my account and share the data - how hard is that?

Kavin

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sharer plans have always been a mystery to CS.
Definitely an area where more training is required!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3