Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up to go to Spain

davowolf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How best should I set up my iPhone 5S (I pay monthly) to go to Spain early June for 10 days. I'm likely to need Google Maps as were walking about 10 miles'day in the countryside in central Spain. Also to send picture messages back home and some phone use within Spain and to UK. I already have O2 travel but I see two bolt-ons and am confused as to which to go for.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
WhatsApp works on data so you can send anything via it on either WiFi or mobile data but not without any sort of data connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

My personal favourite is Messenger which I use all the time when in Spain and always over the plentiful Wifi available in bars, restaurants, hotels and apartments. I send pictures and have general conversations with family and friends

You do have to make sure the people you want to be in touch with have messenger installed though @davowolf 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 12