Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a direct debit

Shelly64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been offered an early upgrade deal which runs out on the 11th of June went into my local o2 store to do the upgrade however for some reason when they try to input my account number & sort code it will not verify my account. I've tried putting in my partners account even my sons account but to no avail. I've tried doing the upgrade on the app but still the same problem. Rang o2 last night & even they couldn't do it. Whilst on the phone to the guy at o2 it transpired there was another customer ringing in with the same problem????
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Shelly64 there was another similar issue reported on here too recently.

I'll tag @Martin-O2 for you to get someone to look at it but it won't be until next week now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Shelly64
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I lose the chance to upgrade I'm gonna be seriously annoyed
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can upgrade anytime you like. Whether you pay off your device plan or contract early or out of your minimum term
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'm sure that won't happen....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Shelly64
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract is not due an upgrade normally until October but if I upgrade now they will pay off the rest of my contract
Message 6 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Shelly64  If you've had the offer in writing they should honour it. There's still plenty of time before June 11th. Plenty of time to get it resolved. As it's Bank Holiday weekend, nothing will get sorted until Tuesday at the earliest, so don't fret about it over the next few days.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Are you still having difficulties with this one @Shelly64 ? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 14

Shelly64
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hiya Martin.
Yes I'm still having problems with this it's really frustrating. It doesn't matter how I try to input the direct debit details wether it's in store, online or on the app it will not verify the bank details. I've tried different accounts all of which are active but to no avail
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Does your name and address match up exactly @Shelly64  ?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14