Did you mean: 

Setting up Data Plan on Apple Watch Series 5

jenniferlyne90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought my Apple Watch from the Apple Store and I've been attempting to set it up with the O2 Data plan. 

I've gone through the steps of setting this up through the Watch App on my iPhone, and every time it goes to the same screen stating "We're setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 Network and we'll text you when it's all done (etc...)". It has been over three weeks since I initially went through this process.

I've contacted o2 Customer Service a number of times, every time I have been given contradicting information. Some people I speak to have told me to visit an O2 store to activate an eSIM for my watch. When I have done this, the sales people at the O2 Store have said they cannot set up this type of SIM in store and that I'll need to contact customer services.

The next person I spoke to on Customer Services advised me to go to the Apple Store and check with them whether everything was okay hardware-wise. They did a full diagnostics test and confirmed there was nothing wrong with the watch what so ever. And advised that as it was a network issue, this would probably be an O2 problem.

I recently called O2 again, and I was put on hold for over an hour when the phone was cut off. 

I have been going round in circles again and again with this issue, and I've had an Apple Watch for nearly a month and haven't been able to use the additional cellular features. 

If anyone has any advice, or someone who's had the same issue and it's been resolved, I would really apprecaite the help.

Thank you, 

Jenny

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jenniferlyne90
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

Thank you for your help on this. Sadly, this still hasn't been resolved. 

I've been in contact with o2 Guru's over the phone as well. They advised me to remove my apple watch and go through the set up process again, after waiting 48 hours. This didn't work.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 11 of 15

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Richard @O2Ryan 

can you help please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Hey @jenniferlyne90 I just need a bit more information, did you buy the watch from o2 and is there any error message or error code when you are trying to set the watch up

Former Guru team member
Message 13 of 15

jenniferlyne90
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @O2Richard 

No, I bought the watch from Apple.

The error message is attached below:

thumbnail_Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 15.46.50.png

Message 14 of 15

O2Richard