Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serbia Travel Package

elliottj1999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am travelling to Serbia today and I have added the 02 Travel and Higher data limit in non 02 travel countries to my account. Am I right in thinking this will cost me £4.99 a day on days I use it for unlimited data and 120 minutes and texts. I don’t know if it covers Serbia as I cannot see anything and don’t want to pay £7.20 per mg
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@elliottj1999 Serbia is not included. http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

You're in: O2 home / International / Travelling Abroad

Going abroad?
Passport. Toothbrush. Phone.

How much does it cost to use my phone abroad?
I’m travelling to…

Country Code +381

Show all countries

I'd like to call and text...

Country Code +44

Show all countries

Available rates when in Serbia...
Data Abroad Bolt On Increase your data limit while abroad

Email and browse the internet while you're abroad for less. As standard, your data usage will be capped to 50MB (£48) per month.

Our Data Abroad Bolt On increases your standard data limit to 200MB for £120 per month. You can get the Bolt On through My O2.

For an additional£120PER MONTH

Maximum Usageper month
200MB

Learn more about Data roamingFind out how we can help you keep the costs in check

More information about using your phone abroad

You can make and receive calls, browse the internet and send and receive texts, just like you do at home.

- That means that you can just dial numbers saved in your phonebook to make a call

- You will need to input the country code to call any other country

- Voicemail 901 is an easy and convenient way to access your messages while overseas.
Learn more>>

Whenever you use your mobile phone abroad you should always use the international dialling code of the country you're calling. Just key '+', then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number.

More information

Accidental roaming (sometimes known as inadvertent roaming) might occur if you are in an area close to national borders because your phone picks up the network across the border. If this happens, you may be charged as though you were roaming on the network across the border. You can prevent this if you live near a national border by setting your handset to do a manual network selection (as opposed to an automatic network selection) and select the O2 network. This way if you lose the O2 network your handset will not automatically try to connect you to an alternate network. For advice, please visit your nearest O2 store.

Standard Rates

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 50p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Serbia     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute£2.00
Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20*

* O2 will automatically cap your data usage to £48 (50 MB) a month whilst you're abroad

Find out more 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@elliottj1999 Serbia is not included. http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

You're in: O2 home / International / Travelling Abroad

Going abroad?
Passport. Toothbrush. Phone.

How much does it cost to use my phone abroad?
I’m travelling to…

Country Code +381

Show all countries

I'd like to call and text...

Country Code +44

Show all countries

Available rates when in Serbia...
Data Abroad Bolt On Increase your data limit while abroad

Email and browse the internet while you're abroad for less. As standard, your data usage will be capped to 50MB (£48) per month.

Our Data Abroad Bolt On increases your standard data limit to 200MB for £120 per month. You can get the Bolt On through My O2.

For an additional£120PER MONTH

Maximum Usageper month
200MB

Learn more about Data roamingFind out how we can help you keep the costs in check

More information about using your phone abroad

You can make and receive calls, browse the internet and send and receive texts, just like you do at home.

- That means that you can just dial numbers saved in your phonebook to make a call

- You will need to input the country code to call any other country

- Voicemail 901 is an easy and convenient way to access your messages while overseas.
Learn more>>

Whenever you use your mobile phone abroad you should always use the international dialling code of the country you're calling. Just key '+', then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number.

More information

Accidental roaming (sometimes known as inadvertent roaming) might occur if you are in an area close to national borders because your phone picks up the network across the border. If this happens, you may be charged as though you were roaming on the network across the border. You can prevent this if you live near a national border by setting your handset to do a manual network selection (as opposed to an automatic network selection) and select the O2 network. This way if you lose the O2 network your handset will not automatically try to connect you to an alternate network. For advice, please visit your nearest O2 store.

Standard Rates

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 50p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Serbia     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute£2.00
Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20*

* O2 will automatically cap your data usage to £48 (50 MB) a month whilst you're abroad

Find out more 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

elliottj1999
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there no other bolt in package I can add like nearly every other country?
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Not that I can see. If your phone is unlocked, you can try using a local sim, or stick to WiFi where you can find it and use WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or Facetime if you have an iPhone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

elliottj1999
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay thank you
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@elliottj1999Only one thing to add to the comprehensive information given above by @Bambino

Remember to turn voicemail OFF before you travel by dialling 1760.

If you don't you will be charged to receiving a call, whether you answer it or not.

Turn it back on 1750, when you land back in the UK

Enjoy your holiday...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Turn mobile data off to stop a bill of £40 or £80 if you are there over your billing date.

Message 7 of 10

Miketw10
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What if I'm only going for 5 days and I don't want to pay £120?
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Same advice, keep mobile data off. You will pay £7.20 per MB if you don't pay the £120.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Miketw10 wrote:
What if I'm only going for 5 days and I don't want to pay £120?

Phone in airplane mode and just use wifi or get a local sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10