Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent two different return bags from O2

JacobW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I'm returning my phone under the 14 day 'change my mind' policy. I got in touch with O2 and they said they'd send out a return package. Was meant to be next day delivery but I ordered it Thursday and got a bag Tuesday. The bag I got was just a grey plastic postage bag with a return address label and barcode for the post office to scan. Also received a letter telling me what to do, what to return etc. Packed up my phone and took to the post office where it got accepted after scanning and I got my proof of postage.

The next day on Wednesday I get another return bag through the post, this time a white padded jiffy bag instead of the plastic grey bag (no accompanying letter this time). Now I'm just paranoid I sent the first package to the wrong place. It was a Norwich address but that's as much as I remember. 2nd bag is also Norwich but I have no way knowing if it was the same address. In my haste to return the phone I didnt really acknowledge that the first bag wasn't technically a "jiffy" bag but not sure if it really matters?

Just looking for some peace of mind and wondering if anyone else had the same thing?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27668 Solutions

@JacobW 

Sounds fine.

The last one I sent into recycle was just a plastic bag with the label stuck on the outside.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27668 Solutions

@JacobW 

Sounds fine.

The last one I sent into recycle was just a plastic bag with the label stuck on the outside.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

JacobW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'm hoping it's just a mishap on their end and they accidentally sent out two return bags. I came across an old post from 2020 asking if it matters if they return it in "the plastic bag or the white jiffy bag" so it's not just me. Not sure why they'd be different though. I've seen it can take up to a couple of weeks for the return to be recorded so I'll just sit tight for a bit and keep checking in.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27668 Solutions

Yes, 2 weeks is average @JacobW 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4