cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending phone back within 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, on Friday my Son received his upgrade (It's all in my name) to the iPhone 6 Plus, he has now said that he doesn't like the colour and said he has 14 days to return the phone as he isn't happy with it. 

Firstly, can you return a phone because you don't like the colour?

Secondly, it gets worse, I have noticed a slight dent in one of the corners of the phone and a slight graze on the side. Which he denies dropping it, but I can't think of any other way it could have happened.

What can I do as he is adamant he doesn't want it anymore and wants a silver one not a gold?! 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As it's all in your name, it's you that has to send it back, and as it's damaged, you may have a problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the phone is damaged and wasn't reported initially you could have problems. The only way is to return it and see.

Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can change your mind within the cooling off period for whatever reason.

As you've only had the phone for a very short time I would think they'll be ok with you - but you'll only find that out when you send it back.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I change my mind based on colour though? As technically, it's the same phone.
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can.

They will exchange capacity of memory too.

Or another alternative is put a case on it unless he prefers them 'naked'.
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had actually ordered him a case when I did the upgrade but 02 hasn't dispatched it yet.

So should I be up front and tell them about the damage or just send it back and see what they say?
Message 7 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I wouldn't mention the damage unless it's pointed out and then you will have to state damaged when received. Good luck with that though, it should have been pointed out upon receipt of the phone immediately.

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Honesty is always the best policy.

Tell them the truth that your son opened the box and says the unit was aesthetically damaged.

You could order a cheap case from e bay for a couple of pounds until his chosen one is delivered ?
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I don't know what to do?!

He has gone back to using his Samsung at the moment and has left this with me.

It's too obvious, the damage i think as it's right next to the camera. So maybe I'll say it was damaged out of the box and see what they say.
Message 10 of 28