Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling old iphone

Sam23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I’m selling my iPhone 8 and I have erased all settings/data from the phone and erased the iPhone 8 off my iCloud and removed it from my new phone so does that mean everything is off of mine on the old phone and is okay to sell?? It just keeps saying if I go to remove off the iCloud that another person can just sign in again, but I’ve erased. everything?

Many thanks

Sam
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Sam23 

No one else can sign in as you without you Apple ID login details. 
If they know your login, they could do it on any iPhone they wanted. 
I'd suggest you turn on 2 factor authentication in your iCloud settings so only you can login. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi Sam23, as long as you've switched off 'find my iPhone' as well? if you haven't just set it back up again until you can get into your icloud settings and switch off 'find my iPhone'.
signature
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Sam23 

No one else can sign in as you without you Apple ID login details. 
If they know your login, they could do it on any iPhone they wanted. 
I'd suggest you turn on 2 factor authentication in your iCloud settings so only you can login. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3