Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security check!

Carol78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been with o2 for many many years now and not had any problems but today I phoned up to get a sim only deal for my mum and everything was going well with the sales team. But I'm now concerned because the checked my account as mums would be linked to mine, they checked my bank details but then asked for my debit card details which I gave over but then I was told before he could finalise all it had to be passed to the referral team even although I've never missed a payment or had any issues before. He even asked for passport and driving licence details. Is this normal or should I be worried?? Being concerned I told him I would just buy this online and ended the call.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Carol78 

If you were buying for your mum and called O2 directly, then yes, they may well make a random check on any account.

It was nothing to be concerned about as long as it was YOU who called O2.

I would be concerned if someone claiming to be O2 called you.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Carol78 

If you were buying for your mum and called O2 directly, then yes, they may well make a random check on any account.

It was nothing to be concerned about as long as it was YOU who called O2.

I would be concerned if someone claiming to be O2 called you.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

O2Tracey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 103 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
It is possible that a second connection is asked for extra proof and is referred. It's more of a protection for you, to ensure no one is pretending to be you, especially over the phone. Hope this puts your mind at rest. If your still worried give O2 a ring or pop into your nearest shop as they would live to help you
Message 3 of 5

Carol78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you this helps as the guy I spoke to in sales couldn't explain why they were carrying this out!
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You're welcome @Carol78 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5