Did you mean: 

Second number on My O2

Stef97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I've been a pay as you go customer for years but recently got my first contract! I've had the phone over a week and all seemed to be going okay, but I tried to add a bolt on and nothing was happening. I checked the My O2 app and it says there are two numbers attached to my phone? One of which I dont recognise at all - this is the one I am paying monthly for apparently and adding bolt ons to. I can't seem to use this account, the other one which is working is my pay as you go. Can anyone help? I put my old sim card in this new phone but really don't know what I've done wrong. Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Jenny
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello,
When you take a new contract its with a new number, then you need to port your oay & go number over.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
signature
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Stef97 

Give customer service a call to check your account.

All numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Stef97 just checking if you got this sorted out or if you need more assistance?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Stef97
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Lukas,

I rang 02 but and got a new sim card but the problem is still the same. I can't send texts from this new number, I've tried ringing customer support but cant get through. I can see on the my 02 app that this is apparently my new number but it doesn't seem to work.
Message 5 of 8

Stef97
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I actually cant even text o2 from this number lol
Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
As this is not fixed I'll tag the gurus on duty this morning @O2Kyle and @O2Elliott to see if they can help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

O2Kyle
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thankyou @gmarkj.

@Stef97 I have sent you a private message so i can take a closer look at this one for you.

signature
Message 8 of 8