Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second line

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I've been an O2 Pay Monthly customer since April. I'm thinking of getting an LTE tablet which would mean a second line. Do you have to be an O2 customer for a certain period of time (I.e 6 months) before applying for a second line? I used to be an O2 Pay Monthly customer for many years but switched to EE around 8 years ago. Not sure whether that would make any difference? Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

The only factor is your credit rating so if it's good, you'll not have a problem.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

The only factor is your credit rating so if it's good, you'll not have a problem.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @SamsungFanBoy, let us know how you get on with your second line if you decide to go for one, and which tablet you pick as well slight_smile 

If you need any further help as well, give us a shout!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got 3 Lines from o2 and my credit rating isn't good but still got accepted.
Message 4 of 7

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I know some networks don't allow you (regardless of your credit rating) to take a second line until after like 3 or 6 months after you take your first line. Or at least that's how it used to be for some of them. This is good to know that O2 allow this. slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Foddersin
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Generally you will be assigned a line limit on initial credit check.

After being with a carrier for a while, I.E. 3 to 6 months and paying on time and having no restrictions applied etc, your credit worthiness should improve internally. This should allow you to take additional lines in the future.

You could ask them to run a new credit check but this might not be possible.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 always credit check for additional lines.
It's only upgrades that don't get checked.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7