cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second line declined

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am new to the forums and not sure this is in the right section?, but here goes, I was hoping for some advice, I have been with O2 for about 10years, always paying my bill ontime (direct debit) never missing a payment and always upgrading phones in O2 stores, in November last year I upgraded tona new iPhone 6 without any issue, I now would really like an iPad, having phoned them for advise I opted for an iPad Air with the data shared between my phone, all was great and I had to pay £40 upfront which was fine, then right at the end he said I had been declined!!! I was shocked and all he could say was email credit file referrals, I did this and got some automated response about sorry you've declined!, I am still unsure why 1-there's no loyalty(10 years without any payment problems) 2-why they would give me an iPhone 6 which is worth more? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

So many variables it's impossible for anyone here to tell you why, unfortunately.
Your best couse of action would be to check your credit score using one of the companies such as equifax to see if there's anything on there that could be causing the system to decline you.
Unfortunately O2 will use these scores as well as looking at account activity when creating a new account and any issue could cause the decline, irrelevant of customer account history.

Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Without knowing your account details we really cannot advise why you have been declined

Obviously as customers we are not privy to any of that info. There could be a number of reasons....late or missed payment. Attempting to repurchase more than once if credit card declined ...change in financial situation etc etc

Sorry but you really need to get some sort of answer from O2 who are the only people who know the real reason for you being refused further credit slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, I haven't done a credit check, that's my next stop, but I do know that nothing financially has changed since my upgrade in November
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I haven't done a credit check, that's my next stop, but I do know that nothing financially has changed since my upgrade in November

Good idea. This is for a free 30 day trial with Experian

http://www.experian.co.uk/creditexpert2/05_credit_report.html?sc=701687&bcd=Brandgeneric&bcd=CreditReport&gclid=Cj0KEQjwiN6sBRDK2vOO_vaRs5cBEiQAfsnJCb6o0KiD7C7JbIbLmA3zWuu_xG8BPyHNF_pAJH66G9QaAqxp8P8HAQ

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Cleoriff
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

No problems @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had a credit check done recently @Anonymous? This can be the reason...

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would expect so as it was only declined at the end and he was advised to email credit referrals.

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
If you have moved house or changed jobs that can also have an impact on your rating.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12