Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

WendyS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received a text message - "FreeMsg:  thank you for subscribing to Just4Life for £4.50 per week from Nexgen until you text STOP to 64055".  Of course I have'nt made any subscription.

I have googled the phone number provided 02037403517 which states the money is taken from your account and only my service provider can block it.  I have checked by bank and so far no money has been taken.  How can I ensure no money is taken without my consent?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @WendyS 

see community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

You’ll also find additional help here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @WendyS 

see community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

You’ll also find additional help here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @WendyS, and welcome to the forum Wave I hope the links above answer all your questions, but please do let us know if there is anything else the Community could help with!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 14

JoninHants
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just received the same text. I've not had any joy from O2, apart from blocking any purchases. This includes ligitimate ones from Play Store. @WendyS have you had any money taken? If I've read your post right, you haven't Sent STOP to 64055? Like you, I've not made any subscription and therefore don't want to have any money taken.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Anyone had a good result? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JoninHants

Please follow the advice in the links given by @MI5.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Paul1954
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just had the same text saying thankyou for subscribing to just4life with i haven't done hope know money goe's out of my account i haven't replied to them at all anyone else had this problem.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

All too common @Paul1954

Follow the advice on the thread.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Palo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This scamers charged me £4.5 without any permition or me being subscribed, as i never even heard of them. o2 can not care less as long as you py it. If i would not pay may bill they would be on my door step. But when you ask them why do they allow scamers to take your money they just say sorry.i been trying to resolve it betweenmyself o2 and what ever scam company it is, didnt get anywhere yet. So annoyed, unfortunetly i just upgraded with o2, after all this wont stay with them. 

More info

Message 8 of 14

BlasterDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/mobile-networks-leave-millions-of-customers-exposed...

Why  aren't the carriers doing something?  Why am I never scammed on the internet, on my itunes, but scams keeping coming through on mobile?  It doesn't take long to figure out why.  

Message 9 of 14

MattB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the exact same text message and have just noticed £4.50 has been charged to my account each Saturday for the past 6 weeks (Total of £27 Since Jan 12th 2019).

I have no idea what this company is but it is registered as Nexgen Ltd. on my airtime bill.

Message 10 of 14