Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam texts

oldmike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I received my O2 Bill this month there was a charge for £3.75 plus Vat which I did not recognise. I queried this with O2 and they told me it was for"Voucher Services" from Kalastia Consulting. Obviously I had no knowledge of this Company or their "Services". I always delete any any texts or calls I get that I do not recognise so it definitely was not a charge I had authorised. O2 were able to block future texts from this source but only if I accepted the current charge. I had little option but to accept this. They gave me a telphone number to call to contact the offending Company but, not surprisingly, I was on hold for some time and, worried that I may be racking further charges to my phone I terminated the call. Although O2 stated that they do not authorise the charges from these people they must be complicit as the charge is collected through my Account and O2 are unlikely to be doing this without some recompense. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@oldmike 

Community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@oldmike 

Community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Another useful resource here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @oldmike 

So sorry to hear that you have been involved with these despicable scammers.

Follow advices and get your money back.

Our community member Cleoriff also produced a very useful guide recently.

here 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Tips-to-avoid-unexpected-charges-on-your-bill/ba-p/12182...

After May 11th 2019 mobile operators had to ask you before charge?

check this on your bill.

Best of luck 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

ANNIECAT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have  been scammed  by  this  company ( kalastia CONsulting ,i have never  heard  of them  before.  

They  have been taking  3.75 out of me  for  months but   i just hope  it stops  now, as i  went down to  my 02 shop  and  i  very nice  guy called  Sam  helped me  to  put  a stop  to it,  fingers  crossed .

i never  signed  or  agreed to  this 3.75 being taken out of  my  phone  bill and  no one  informed me as to  what it was .

If  i get anymore then i shall  be  leaving 02 as it  seems  they  didnt  care  what  was  going on .

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ANNIECAT 

If you follow the advice here www.payforitsucks.co.uk you can get your money back.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi there @ANNIECAT
Terribly sorry to hear that you have been scammed by these despicable scammers. You should aim to get your money back. It will take a little effort but don't let these scammers get your money. I am really pleased that you were helped by an o2 shop. Follow advice from community member MI5 and other advices given above.
Do bear in mind that these unscrupulous scammers operate on all mobile phone providers.
Stop all direct bill to mobile with customer services then this can't happen again.
Good luck get your money back
Welcome to the o2 community forum
Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 7