Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam text received ?

SouthernKoala
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received this text, on Friday 8th April 2022. 
My account is paid correctly - I did try and ask O2UK if it’s genuine or to elaborate on my account - but the O2UK overseas call centre people, do not have the grasp of English or a screen script, that can offer any credible response. 
I messaged O2UK via email and I tried also with social media, again without any response. 

so I figured I’d ask on here, this is the text received. 
note the web address …. to click 

“Hello. We're getting in touch to let you know that your monthly rolling Airtime Plan, is £17.86, this excludes any current discounts you may have. This is separate to your Device Plan.
You can choose to stay on the same airtime tariff or move to another eligible airtime tariff.
For more information and some airtime tariffs to consider: http://v.o2.co.uk/U9v8W5G9
*+RPI + 3.9%. Terms apply.”

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@SouthernKoala 

Looks genuine. I've had the same. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@SouthernKoala 

Looks genuine. I've had the same. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2