Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam premium numbers

Serynr
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After having problems with a scam premium number for games and being charged for something i am not using at a cost of £4.50 per week, even after texting STOP,  i have had difficulty getting it stopped. Hopefully o2 now have managed it, but would it be possible to have a permission text from o2 checking that we have agreed to using it?

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

At least you have the info you need now so you should be able to proceed. There is a phone number for Abacus. You could ring them yourself and ask to be unsubscribed and refunded

Interestingly Martin Lewis states Wapstar dont have an email address..so its Abacus you  should be reporting and getting in contact with..http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5486939&page=2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Serynr wrote:

Will call PSA as online enquiries you need a number for the scammers and i haven’t one.

Abacus have contact details..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 48

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'm sure the PSA will be more than familiar with all those company names.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 48

Serynr
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanx all, looks like a busy day tomorrow for me...

Message 34 of 48

Serynr
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Can you tell me where you found the phone number for Abacus as i can’t find it in the companies register?

Message 35 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to gain a refund for messages after the original if you didn’t ring, email / complain immediately after receiving them is a nightmare. You really need to ring them ASAP. 

Message 36 of 48

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
This may be useful info to read through https://who-called.co.uk/Number/83463
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 37 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Serynr wrote:

Can you tell me where you found the phone number for Abacus as i can’t find it in the companies register?

I didn't actually find the phone number in the company profile @Serynr I got it from the giffgaff website. Their customers are complaining about this scam. This is the number given.**Personal info**838. They appear to be a holding company which run quite a few gaming sites

In all honesty and in this case I would save yourself a lot of trouble and report it to the PSA. (Link given in other posts) Let them deal with it

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Damn this stupid filter which has blocked out the number... hang on I will give it you another way.

@SerynrLets hope this works

Abacus number.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 48

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Just split it into groups of 4 like 1234 5678 9876

Currently using:
Message 40 of 48