Did you mean: 

Scam or what.

Mikefromredcar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,  I am on Pay monthly came from VM to 02 my bill is £8.92,

I have just got this Text message but not sure if it's a scam this is the message...

"Hello. We're getting in touch to let you know that you're currently out of your minimum contract term and your monthly Airtime Plan is £25.52*, this excludes any current discounts you may have.
You can choose to stay on the same tariff, move to another tariff or switch to another provider.
For more information and some tariffs to consider: http://v.o2.co.uk/7738h074
*+RPI + 3.9%. Terms apply."

Please any help  on this matter.

Thanks.

Mike.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Sounds like you are clear to upgrade should you wish - cheapest deal, if you are happy with your phone, is via SIM Only and Uswitch https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/ - otherwise Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone has all the info you need, @Mikefromredcar.

And whilst it looks like a genuine text, you are best opening your MyO2 app or web yourself, to be sure, to check. Any queries, come back here. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Sounds like you are clear to upgrade should you wish - cheapest deal, if you are happy with your phone, is via SIM Only and Uswitch https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/ - otherwise Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone has all the info you need, @Mikefromredcar.

And whilst it looks like a genuine text, you are best opening your MyO2 app or web yourself, to be sure, to check. Any queries, come back here. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6

Mikefromredcar
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

if possible I'd like to stay as I am on my sim only deal, so do i just do nothing or should I call 02.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Looks like there was a discount applied as you came from Virgin media to O2, and that discount has expired - you can get the same or better for almost the same price on O2 via Uswitch - check your MyO2 to confirm your revised tariff is increasing as the text says, then use Uswitch to Upgrade - the new tariff will go into your O2 basket, your number stays the same and the new price kicks in immediately (first bill may be a bit odd as old and new tariff balance out what you have already paid for this month) when O2 accept your upgrade request.

Do check in your MyO2 first, or text INFO to 85075 (free) to confirm you are out of contract first.

Example Uswitch deals below, @Mikefromredcar 

1000020210.png

Message 4 of 6

Mikefromredcar
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bud, I'm all sorted now just been on phone to 02 and I'm happy with the outcome.

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

You are welcome,  @Mikefromredcar @ Hope they saw you right 👍

Message 6 of 6