Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB Micro SDHC Card and Sony Xperia 1II

Grenville
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anybody else having a problem with this?

The phone doesn't seem to like the card. It says that it is an unsupported SD card, and then gives an option to format it. Choosing that option, it goes to 20% completed, then you get the message "Your card is ready to use" - but then the alert for unsupported card shows again immediatelyn and you are back to square one.

Thoughts and suggestions very much appreciated.  The card is fine in my old phone (Moto G 5).

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It could be that it's too slow. I used that card in the xz2 premium and it failed on any hdr video recording or SD burst image taking, I replaced it with the SanDisk ultra v30 and that worked fine, but now with the cameras being more advanced, I'm using a Samsung Evo select as it's mega fast.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Grenville I will tag our community member @viridis who is expert in all things Sony.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would firstly check the card using H2test-w to make sure that it hasn't got corrupted.
Secondly what version of the ultra is it? For the modern 10bit recording on phones, some now will not support older cards which speeds are too slow, (class 10 and under) in fact some UHS U1 cards are deemed as pretty slow by modern recording standards.
So, the big question is, which ultra is it?
Message 3 of 6

Grenville
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It could be that it's too slow. I used that card in the xz2 premium and it failed on any hdr video recording or SD burst image taking, I replaced it with the SanDisk ultra v30 and that worked fine, but now with the cameras being more advanced, I'm using a Samsung Evo select as it's mega fast.
Message 5 of 6

Meaker
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm using this in mine without issue:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073JYC4XM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Works in my dual 1080p dash cam setup too.
Message 6 of 6