cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung unlatching code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long O2 take with Samsung unlatching codes? I requested mine on the 17th. On the 23rd they told me they would have it that day. It didn't arrive and they forwarded the request to a 'support department'.

I was then assured I would have the code within 48 hours which has been and gone. Now O2 are telling me I'll get it whenever Samsung sends it - which seems highly open ended!

Anybody tried to get one recently?

Annoyingly, the last person I spoke to on live chat, who promised 48 hours, down graded my contract on to prevent me being charged my usual rates (as I'm leaving for Virgin) on the basis that I wouldn't use anything at all in ~5 days. Obviously this is unlikely to be the case now.

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

An unlatching form O2 Submit takes 7 days, if its still not complete within this timescale there is an Escalation form which is advised to take a further 48 hours (I'm guessing this is what the live chat agent submitted).

I wouldn't really accept waiting for Samsung to send it them, if you ring customer services and explain the situation this can often be escalated again either by the form/a manager.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

An unlatching form O2 Submit takes 7 days, if its still not complete within this timescale there is an Escalation form which is advised to take a further 48 hours (I'm guessing this is what the live chat agent submitted).

I wouldn't really accept waiting for Samsung to send it them, if you ring customer services and explain the situation this can often be escalated again either by the form/a manager.

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks both for the replies. I tried ringing 202 tonight but after waiting a while, the call centre shut at 8 and I got cut off which was annoying (did warn of 45 min queues).

No code has turned up yet again (after second 48 hour promise) and so I have spoken to web chat again tonight who have assured me it will be with my by 22:30hrs tonight at the latest.

It's 22:16 and nothing yet, so I'm not holding out much hope! Guess I'll be queuing on 202 tomorrow. slight_smile

I'll report back the latest!

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
IMO ringing 202 is the better course of action.

And your very welcome.

Fingers crossed for you.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

As predicted no code turned up! Was told by live chat it would be with me in the morning but was also asked to wait "24 hours". I just love the repetitive empty promises. It amazes me.

Anyway, I shall queue on the phone to 202 tomorrow and see where I can get to and report back. slight_smile

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live Chat are Ok for low level general enquiries.

Many hope they dont become the only form of commuication between customers and 02 !

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoken to a rep on 202 who could see the history of what had gone on and the promises made re escalation but advised actually after each chat, they had done nothing.

She has kindly escalated it to somebody and advised I'll be sent a text in 24 hours with the code. I must admit I'm still skeptical given the information I have been advised so far but we shall see!

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well still no code from O2. They're now telling me to wait another 10 days. The process is a joke!

I've paid for a code from Mobile Unlock Codes. Only hope they deliver a reasonable service.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a shame youve felt the need to go through another company to unlock your phone.

I assume you fully checked out this comany before sharing your phones security details and your bank or card details.

Fingers crossed your phone gets unlocked soon.

Message 10 of 12