Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung mini

RIW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just had a message from O2 telling me that I have used all my data until the next bill. I don't know how I did it, all I saw was things being updated on the phone. Also, I never ask them to update things. I only got this phone last week, a bit forward for me but I thought it only did things I knew about. Am in a muddle now as you can't just ask O2 without going through a load of questions first. Any idea what I do please, I only want to use the texts, phone camera.
Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RIW wrote:
I have a wifi for this tablet thing as well so why have they taken all the data use away when I have the wifi? Hard to understand, but I am not ,up, on all this.

You dont need any data allowance from o2 to use wifi from your home broadband router or a wifi spot say in mcDonalds etc.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
There is an option in your settings to turn off manual updates.

Also, when you are using wifi, make sure that you turn mobile data off otherwise that will be used too.
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Was your phone connected to wifi?

Sometimes O2 updates at night and that drains a lot of data if not connected to wifi.

Also, are your apps set to automatic or manual updating?

From what I remember you only have 100mb of data so best to have mobile data switched off at all times and use wifi when possible.

You can check in settings what apps use the most data.
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gemz, unlike an iPhone, Samsung does not use mobile data when connected to wifi even if in sleep mode.
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Their are apps you can download that will monitor your Data usage.

What is your current data allowance ?

You may want to consider increasing this as most modern smartphones scream out to be used as such as well as updating apps in the background etc.

Bolt ons can be purchased for a fee that will allow you to continue to use O2's internet if you wish. Look in your Myo2 to add these.

Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bob

The Op's current allowance is 100mb.

He said that's enough as has wifi at home.

I remember that from a previous thread.
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be able to set the apps to update over wifi only
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi bob

The Op's current allowance is 100mb.

He said that's enough as has wifi at home.

I remember that from a previous thread.

Cheers Adrianna.

100mb is a pittance for modern day smartphones even if your a super light weight user.

Evidently not enough if they are going over their allowance.

Lets hope its a one off.

Message 8 of 32

RIW
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks I have gone into setting, mobile data and taken the tick off. Does that mean that I will still be able to get and send texts.
Message 9 of 32

RIW
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a wifi for this tablet thing as well so why have they taken all the data use away when I have the wifi? Hard to understand, but I am not ,up, on all this.
Message 10 of 32