cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 plus Pre order - a little confused?

JetsJones
Level 3: Thinker
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all

Last week I upgraded/refreshed my contract and selected the Samsung S20 +. When I was going through the order I received various emails such as credit agreements etc but never actually received a confirmation email detailing what I had done.

I thought I'd leave it a few days however having still not receiving anything I went onto live chat today and had a very confusing conversation with an advisor. The advisor told me that although my order had been received there was no guarantee on whether I would receive the phone or not. A bit concerned by his answer I asked him whether or not the order had actually been accepted and his reply was "I can't comment on this"

Now im left sort of wondering what's going on? My online account says my order has been received so im unsure whether the advisor was just getting confused and was trying to say that as it's a pre order there is no guarantee on delivery dates?

Im not too concerned when I receive the phone, I just want to make sure I will actually get it at some point!

Sorry for the long post!

Cheers
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@JetsJones Please see this thread. Apparently there is a delay from Samsung. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/S20-Ultra-4-weeks-delayed/m-p/1299051

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have had the emails with the contract details then you will have been accepted and will get the phone but when is due entirely on stocking.

The most likely reason that the chat adviser couldn't comment would be that he didn't have the foggiest. In fact live chat is useless for checking orders, far better to call. Early morning is best.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Also check progress in My O2 The next email you receive will be a dispatch email with a tracking number.

Message 3 of 6

JetsJones
Level 3: Thinker
  • 36 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks both of you for the information that puts my mind at rest! I only ordered last week so I'd guess those who ordered a while back will receive first anyhow! Just nice to know it's most likely all confirmed.

Kind of wish the my O2 section was a little more detailed though.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're welcome, @JetsJones. If you have any other concerns, speak to customer service, as @jonsie has suggested. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions