cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 LTE on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 recently sold the Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G, but this is no longer available. This has a new type built in Esim which has to be enabled remotely by the network provider.

Samsung have now released the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE.

1: Does anyone know if it will work on any UK phone networks.

2: Will O2 be selling this watch and providing a network connection.

3: If I obtained this watch from elsewhere would O2 be able to provide me with the sim profile to enable me to connect it to their network and would I be able to change the plan (and my privider) later if I wished.

Chris

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

3: If I obtained this watch from elsewhere would O2 be able to provide me with the sim profile to enable me to connect it to their network and would I be able to change the plan (and my privider) later if I wished.

Hi Chris,

I've had a look into this one for you - it won't be the answers I think you were hoping for but I hope it helps answer these questions for you at least:

1: As far as we're aware, there are no current plans for the LTE version coming to Europe. You can find full specs on Samsungs own site which only lists Bluetooth as the connectivity option for the UK site, as opposed to on their .com site which lists LTE connectivity specs alongside Bluetooth specs

2: We're afraid not, sorry

3: We're afraid not, sorry

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Sounds like one for @Chris_K to answer? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Chris,

I've had a look into this one for you - it won't be the answers I think you were hoping for but I hope it helps answer these questions for you at least:

1: As far as we're aware, there are no current plans for the LTE version coming to Europe. You can find full specs on Samsungs own site which only lists Bluetooth as the connectivity option for the UK site, as opposed to on their .com site which lists LTE connectivity specs alongside Bluetooth specs

2: We're afraid not, sorry

3: We're afraid not, sorry

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your help, my research led to the same conclusion, only compatable in US, and far east. It might work in UK on Band B1 (2100) but no other bands. Great shame. Perhaps best wait for the S4. Any news anybody?

Message 5 of 5