cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ace GT-S5830

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought a Samsung Ace GT-S5830 just over a year ago from Tesco the phone blocks callers after just get the yello said when the phone blocks the caller I can hear them they cannot hear me.  Have taken phone back to Tesco to be told it is O2 fault got new SIM card still not working can text and send e-mails.  Went back to Tesco they advised it,s O2 contacted O2 to be told it,s a Tesco problem meanwhile I have been paying rental for this kind of serivce.  Any one help with ongoing saga or shall I teach the phone to fy

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

You should make sure the phones software is up to date first of all to diagnose any faults.

The first thing I personally do is place my Samsung Handset into Safe Mode. This will place it in such a state where only the basics are funtional. If the problem is no longer present in Safe Mode, then I know it is a glitch in the phone. I tend to restore to factory settings at this point. If the problem is still there in Safe Mode, I then check my software.

If your software is up to date and still faulty, you can always book an appointment with an in store Guru at your local o2 store. Even though the phone came from Tesco, o2 can still send it off to be repaired at our repair centres.

The guru would be able to determine if it needs to be sent for repair. If the guru cannot diagnose your problem, then they would ask if you want it to be sent for repair on the day you go to the store.

I hope this helps.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Phone sounds faulty, it is Tesco's responsibility as they sold it to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MiamiGuy
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

You should make sure the phones software is up to date first of all to diagnose any faults.

The first thing I personally do is place my Samsung Handset into Safe Mode. This will place it in such a state where only the basics are funtional. If the problem is no longer present in Safe Mode, then I know it is a glitch in the phone. I tend to restore to factory settings at this point. If the problem is still there in Safe Mode, I then check my software.

If your software is up to date and still faulty, you can always book an appointment with an in store Guru at your local o2 store. Even though the phone came from Tesco, o2 can still send it off to be repaired at our repair centres.

The guru would be able to determine if it needs to be sent for repair. If the guru cannot diagnose your problem, then they would ask if you want it to be sent for repair on the day you go to the store.

I hope this helps.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 3 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Long time no-see MiamiGuy slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

MiamiGuy
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thanks. I do get times where I can actually come here and help, but most of the time it is really hectic at work!! Busy Busy!

Message 5 of 5