Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A90 - logging in after re-starting device

Sus-n54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've received the above phone today.

Initially, when setting up the phone I chose the fingerprint option to access my details.

This worked fine to start with then I needed to update the phone.  When this was completed, it asked me to input the 4 digit code I had created.  I never created one.  Only other option on this screen is to call emergency.

Does anyone have any info as to how I proceed with this?

Thanks

Susan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Hi @Sus-n54

When you setup the fingerprint option, the device will have forced you to setup a pin number.

If you have forgotten your pin you will need to enter the pin wrong up to 10 times, and then the device will factory reset (you will loose everything stored on the device).
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Sus-n54 

After inputting an incorrect code a number of times you will be given the option to sign in with your Google ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Sus-n54
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the info madasaf1sh. I only received my phone yesterday and do not think I was forced to set up a code. The screen asks for a password after restart and states it will contain at least 1 letter. I'm so frustrated as I charged the phone yesterday before the update and now I can't complete the reset until the battery is flat and phone shuts down. I tried shutting down by pressing volume down and power key for 10 seconds but it still wants the password before it will shut down. Not a good start to a new phone!
Message 4 of 4