Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPLIT PORT- NO HELP & LEFT WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER

Splitport
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2 Community (tagging @Cleoriff and @Martin-O2, hoping you can please help!)

I ported my number from EE to O2 last week (my EE sim went "inactive" on Mar 2). Since I largely use whatsapp, it wasn't until Thursday Mar 8 that I had multiple people tell me they were unable to text or call me on my phone number. I quickly figured out it was a case of a split port (since I am able to make outgoing calls and text, but not vice versa) and went to my local O2 store on Mar 9, and they connected me to CS to confirm the problem. Gina promised me this would be resolved within 24h, and that I would receive an email confirmation once they had successfully "re-ported" the number but that I should continue to reboot my phone every few hours to see if it would work. 24h and multiple reboots later, still no working phone number, and NO EMAIL from O2 despite a guarantee the issue would be resolved.

I have since called O2 back and been bounced around a number of gurus, only to finally speak to a lady named Cheryl yesterday who said now it will take up to FIVE WORKING DAYS (aka by Friday this week) to get this issue fixed.

This is simply unacceptable since I am a brand new O2 customer and unbeknownst to me, have not had a working phone number for more than a week. I travel constantly for work, and am currently out of the country so as to help with a family health issue, so it is imperative that people can reach me. I simply dont understand how it is taking this long to resolve the issue and am worried that come this Friday, I still won't have a working number and there will be some new timeline for this to be solved.

Please escalate/advise how to resolve this issue immediately. It is a very critical time for my family and me, so not being to be reached is quite literally a matter of life and death..

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Pinns
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 weeks ago I ported my number to Lyca from Plusnet however was not getting any incoming calls and texts and no one from the customer service team or the tech team or the head office or the back office at Lyca could resolve the situation and I was without a phone for incoming calls and texts for 10 days.  Frustrated without a phone for 10 days I ported my number to O2 last Thursday but the problem still is persistent and I am not able to receive calls and texts unless it is O2 to O2 incoming calls/texts.  I have been without a phone for two weeks now!

I rang customer services and the tech team at O2 but I keep on getting told to wait 24 hours and the services will be up and running however I can not go on like this day by day without the phone.  The port was requested on 4th October.

Can you please intervene and help with this situation.

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
How did you port to O2 ?
Did you use the same PAC ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Pinns
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello - Lyca gave me the new pac code which was used for O2

Message 13 of 18

Pinns
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and sorry forgot to mention that it was not the same pac code.  

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Probably should have waited for Lyca to sort out the split port first as their porting files probably wouldn't be complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

Pinns
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah! Thank you.  I would have been good if Lyca did not provide me the pac code if that was the case but unfortuanately it's done now and I am not sure what to do now.  Is this resolvable?

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hopefully it it will need to be escalated within O2.
It won't be something that regular customer services could handle.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

madmax
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! Bacause of you now I know what is the problem, which I had for two weeks and decided to swap providers in the middle of unsucesessful attemts to sort out my problem with not receiving calls or messages. This happened after I transfer my number from THREE to O2. Also THREE was not able to close my account and still charged me for using their service while I already was using my number with O2. All I got from advisors from both networks, that they do not see any problem and where bouncing be back and forward. I am furious because I have lost so much time, money and nerves. This networks just care about money and their advisors are **** if they can not look into problem when someone is telling them obvious symptoms! Government do not protect citizens from this kind of companies, who are working like untachable maffia. And their hire people into calling center with no knowledge and no manners. We all know who I mean, because there are some nice english ladies who at least do not talk to you like ******, when you try sort out their mistakes. 

Message 18 of 18