Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPLIT PORT- NO HELP & LEFT WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER

Splitport
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2 Community (tagging @Cleoriff and @Martin-O2, hoping you can please help!)

I ported my number from EE to O2 last week (my EE sim went "inactive" on Mar 2). Since I largely use whatsapp, it wasn't until Thursday Mar 8 that I had multiple people tell me they were unable to text or call me on my phone number. I quickly figured out it was a case of a split port (since I am able to make outgoing calls and text, but not vice versa) and went to my local O2 store on Mar 9, and they connected me to CS to confirm the problem. Gina promised me this would be resolved within 24h, and that I would receive an email confirmation once they had successfully "re-ported" the number but that I should continue to reboot my phone every few hours to see if it would work. 24h and multiple reboots later, still no working phone number, and NO EMAIL from O2 despite a guarantee the issue would be resolved.

I have since called O2 back and been bounced around a number of gurus, only to finally speak to a lady named Cheryl yesterday who said now it will take up to FIVE WORKING DAYS (aka by Friday this week) to get this issue fixed.

This is simply unacceptable since I am a brand new O2 customer and unbeknownst to me, have not had a working phone number for more than a week. I travel constantly for work, and am currently out of the country so as to help with a family health issue, so it is imperative that people can reach me. I simply dont understand how it is taking this long to resolve the issue and am worried that come this Friday, I still won't have a working number and there will be some new timeline for this to be solved.

Please escalate/advise how to resolve this issue immediately. It is a very critical time for my family and me, so not being to be reached is quite literally a matter of life and death..

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@SplitportNot sure what advice I can give other than to keep onto O2 customer services. It certainly shouldn't take this long to sort out so 5 days is unacceptable.

You could make a complaint, but this wont resolve your issue quickly I'm afraid https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  You should use Resolver in the link given.

Maybe @Martin-O2 or @MI5 could give further advice?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Cleoriffis a customer like yourself (as we all are) so unable to sort your issue I'm afraid.
@Martin-O2may be able to escalate the issue for you but again, cannot physically do anything to alter your account.
All you can do is keep onto customer services or raise an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You need to ask CS to request your porting files again, but they should know this.

Edit: Apologies for the slow edit but network is on a go slow......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Splitport
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both. Why did she quote me 5 days--is this an arbitrary number that will simply be extended once 5 days are up? Is it worth it to keep calling CS every day?

I have also called EE on their end to see if there's anything they can do re: my former data, but my account is already closed and the port on their end marked as "complete" so nothing they can do.

@Martin-O2 any further advice or escalation you can provide would be very much appreciated

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'd be phoning every day if it was me.
EE won't do anything as you've left them so it's O2 CS who needs to chase them up to resend the porting files.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I wouldn't accept 5 days at all. It's stalling.

These ports can take between 24-48 hrs but are usually a lot less than this.

Keep onto CS. Hopefully you will find someone willing to sort it quickly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Things do wrong unfortunately,  the difference between EE and O2 is the difference between good customer service and indifferent customer service. 

I had a problem with a split port taking my number to EE from O2, exactly  the same issue, couldn't receive calls or texts..

Now here's the difference. I called EE. They were very apologetic, probably like O2 were when you called them. They asked if I had another number which I gave the whilst they tried to call the EE number. Of course they couldn't get through so they called me back on the other number and promised they would have it fixed within 24 hours and that someone would call me the following day to confirm it was working.

They called the next morning and yes it was working. Someone else called me in the afternoon from the porting team to also check all was ok. So two calls within 24 hours and problem sorted. Not only that I got a £20 goodwill gesture  without asking.

See what I mean about good customer service....?

Message 7 of 18

Splitport
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there anything EE can do at this point though since my account has been closed with them for more than a week? I have already called their customer service as noted above, also to no avail...

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Unfortunately not. It's entirely down to O2 now, EE will only respond to their request for the porting files again and to be fair,  it's O2's responsility to sort this out. As said, call them every day.

Message 9 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one guys! 

@Splitport I'll see what I can find out about the issue with your port and see if we can speed the process up a little. I'll need a few personal details so I'll drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 18