cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SONY Z PRE ORDER AN HASSLE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone, AND to O2 Team,

Just in brief: I want to share my DISTRESS AND DISSPOINTED situation with everyone. So atleast someone knows there is something going on.

On 12th Feb I pre ordered SONY Z very much awaited phone of the year. where I found an offer saying you get sony MDR 1R headphones for free if you pre order it. 

So I paid £49.99 upfront but it asked me for deposit of £175. which I did. total of £224.99 paid. 

And just excited to wait for the delivery on the 28th of Feb 2013, on the 28th UK mail courier service delivered the parcel to a wrong address to a wrong person signed for it as it shows online in their website. When I called UK mail to ask how did they deliver without my permission to a different address. (it is not my neighbour even) they said O2 allows us to deliver to neighbours. then i called O2 customer service one gentleman at first instance he said call UK mail back and tell them to redeliver the parcel by collecting it from the original delivery address.

Next day when I was not heard from anybody was worried called the customer service again they said we will send the replacement phone. 

They sent me an replacement phone on the 4th of March 2013 without the FREE GIFT OF SONY MDR1R headphones, I didnt even open the parcel  i staright away called O2 and asked for headphones they said it was only for few people in this situtation we need to speak to Sony, (no proper response). and on the 6th March I decided to Cancel the order and send it back one of the lady took my request and blocked my number and guided me to return it and wait for 5 days untill they receive it. I called o2 after 5 days to check , And on the 14th March they received the phone which I have sent it back. and the O2 advisor said now it will take 7 - 14 working days to get the refund of my money back. 

Now when I called them after 14 days on the 28th of March - Advisor puts me on a hold for 40 minutes, and tells their is a "tremendous situtation in your case" i have been passed by several departments. And told he wll get back to me within few hours. NO response yet.....

I just wanted to tell - How it feels to undergo stress thinking of this, hassle calling O2, popping into the store. Hopefully some of O2 authorities reads my post. and reply to this.

One last thing If this continues for the next few days, I am going Ofcom and consumer court. 

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can make a formal complaint here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
One last thing If this continues for the next few days, I am going Ofcom and consumer court. 

I think you might mean Trading Standards, but you will have to give O2 the time to sort this out first.

Ofcom will not help you and you will need to exhaust the complaints procedure.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can give them time....atleast they can assure me some kind of response over the phone which they are not doing it. 

Message 3 of 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can make a formal complaint here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that sir !! Do you any phone number if you dont want to call on 0844 number. because i dont have a O2 mobile so i cannot call on 202.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS I CALLED O2 AGAIN

I called on the 4th April spoke for 40 MINUTES EXPALINED EVERYTHING to an advisor she read the complete notes....and finally we found the problem (THE FIRST ORIGINAL ORDER WAS NOT CANCELLED, THATS WHY IT WAS CARRYNG ON BILLS AND EVERYTHING) now she understood my situtation and spoke to her manager I think, they have cancelled everything now and told me to wait for 14 days to get the refund back. And hopefully this will be sorted everything. Thanks a ton to an advisor atleast she gave me some positive response. 

I will just wait for 14 days and will keep updated when I receive my refund.

thank you all for reading this.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions