Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS still troublesome.

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Well, 24 hours later after this debacle, SMS are still very slow to send and then indicate as failed even though I suspect they're being received.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Please keep rebooting your phone, I turned mine off last night and service has been resumed with full 4g

Also its being discussed here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Network-Issues-6th-December-2018/m-p/1178149#M28241

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I tried making a cal at 4.45am and it didn't work so it could take ages to work
Message 2 of 8

legend68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me and the wife have the same problem, my texts are saying "Failed to send", but they are getting through, slowly and are being sent about 5 times, sort it out o2

Message 3 of 8

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having same problem. Trying to get in contact with support but no response to my feedback so far. I reported this.............

Text messages I send are auto duplicating continuously until i close sms app and switch off/restart device, and fee charged / deducted from pay and go credit for each duplication. The recipient gets numerous copies but I have only one copy with error message saying "message not sent" (or words to that effect). This was all day yesterday (Thursday) and again this morning (Friday).

Can someone please advise?

Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried rebooting the device and/or going to airplane mode and then reconnecting to the network?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

paddy2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my texts keep being sent numerous times .i.e. same text 7 times then 5 times .from £24 to £17.47in a flash.had to turn phone off twice to stop it sending messages.how do i get my cash back?and STOP th problem????

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Please keep rebooting your phone, I turned mine off last night and service has been resumed with full 4g

Also its being discussed here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Network-Issues-6th-December-2018/m-p/1178149#M28241

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

DanielPA
  • 52 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. As others have mentioned above, we have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 8 of 8