cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Marketing Harassment

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having an issue with O2 sending me text messages for marketing purposes, despite me telling them repeatedly I don't wish to get these.

I've replied STOP to 2220 more than once and also been on direct chat with O2 staff. They tell me all marketing messages have been turned off on my account and yet I'm still getting the damn things.

I see this as harassment and am seriously considering leaving O2 when my contract expires, which is a shame as I've been with them for nearly 10 years.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Pete.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to check where they are coming from as there isn't a blanket opt out for all O2 texts...
O2 More, Priority, Tracks etc all have their own opt outs, so make sure you have covered all sections.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Have you checked in your "My O2" to see if the options are deselected in there?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

When you say 'direct chat' do you mean online or on the phone? If you mean online, then it's best to call Customer Services and actually speak to someone. You can call free on 202 if you're Pay Monthly, or 4445 if you're Pay & Go, which is a chargeable call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Have you tried STOP ALL to the shortcode?

Also you could always try forwarding the messages to 7726. Might give O2 the message when their own messages are reported to them as spam. Could be amusing anyway

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything on my account is turned off for SMS and all other marketing pestering. I got yet another one this morning. Really getting angry with O2 over this.

I'll try the spam reporting as suggested, might be good for a giggle if nothing else. They clearly don't give a damn about their customer's requests.

Pete.

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to check where they are coming from as there isn't a blanket opt out for all O2 texts...
O2 More, Priority, Tracks etc all have their own opt outs, so make sure you have covered all sections.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anywhere I can go to check these? I've been to my preferences on my account and everything is turned off. I called 2220 to stop these messages. I've spoken via live chat to at least 5 different people who all assure me they have been stopped and still they come.

I've forwarded the latest to the spam number. Let's see what happens this time. Nothing I'm sure.

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Probably by going to each individual web site.
Check each one online as you get a text.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I got yet another one this morning. Really getting angry with O2 over this.

One text message?

Doesn't take much to make you angry does it? tongue

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have absolutely no chance of getting O2 to leave you alone. I have asked them numerous times to leave me alone, but they won't

I have even cancelled my contract with them, but the perpetual harrassment continues.. 90% of my texts are from 02.

I am now seeking legal advice to see if I can get an injunction on the company to prevent them contacting me, again and again, and again. 

I have now taken to leaving my phone off, or on silent, as it is no longer my phone, it seems to belong 02.

As a warning do not under any circumstance let 02 have your email address or phone number, they are the biggest pests I have dealt with. They even harass my children.

Message 10 of 18