cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Delivery Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I know this old chestnut has been posted about before, but that was back in 2014.

I have just come over to O2 from Vodafone where text delivery reports worked OK. I used ChompSMS on my HTC One M8 when on Vodafone. I sent a text, got the progress yellow bar, then when the text was delivered a nice green tick to say that the recipent had received the text.

Now I find myself on O2 with a nice shiney new Samsung S8+

Now when using ChompSMS with the delivery report setting ticked, I send a text and get the progress yellow bar, but no green tick. I know that the texts are being received as I have asked, but I don't know that when I send them. I have tried a couple of different text apps and even the standard Samsung 'Messages' text app, all have the option of a delivery report checked, but I don't get a delivery report.

I know about the *0# code in front of the text message and that does give me a delivery report from Messages and ChompSMS, but who wants to keep doing/remembering to do it???

Any tips of advice would be great. If this is not possible and I do rely on the delivery report as I have only just bought the phone, I will have to change back to Vodafone.

Regards,

Steve

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @Cleoriff smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've just sent a text using this to another O2 phone and got a delivery report so maybe just a temporary glitch as posted above. 

Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I think that method works on short messages. If it's a long message it doesn't work 

Message 33 of 33