cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIm swap tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
This tool http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ looks useful way to easily swap a SIM, but it is completely useless if you have lost a SIm but have another you are ready to swap too. you need to add email address option to send the code to your email account registered with o2. For my case its useless.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Agree but there is the option  to call customer  service though in this day and age an automated email would certainly  help in cases like yourself.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The sim swap facility is superb on giffgaff and this looks similar but I'll be honest maybe not as simple. With the gg one you only need to know the activation code of the new sim and your user details of the old sim. In theory you can sim swap a lost sim but not if you've already bared and reported it lost / stolen.
I don't know about O2 but gg new sims are a triple sim which is great as you'll always have the correct sim when you first join ( from just recently )
One thing that came up with the sim swap was that you cannot sim swap to a sim older than 6 months it comes up with a generic error which doesn't make that clear it's the issue so something to watch out for.
When I first got my iPhone 5 I just picked up the phone from Apple went to O2 and got them to sim swap in store ( needed an O2 sim to activate at that time )
I presume that people don't keep a stash of O2 sims at home either which makes it more difficult too.
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This tool http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ looks useful way to easily swap a SIM, but it is completely useless if you have lost a SIm but have another you are ready to swap too. you need to add email address option to send the code to your email account registered with o2. For my case its useless.

If the old sim has been blocked it won't work, you need to phone and get the bar lifted.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
gg has to have more online automated systems due to no call centres but more automation on o2 would be a help and ease congestion on cs call centres.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is would O2 invest at this point with 3 handing over their shoulder.
Message 6 of 6