Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SIMPLICITY NEW PRICES

35p is the new call charge. I've known about it for some time but, I am presuming, it is for new contracts only. Chris' post has made me wonder though.
Highlighted
Anonymous

35p seems to me to be a ridiculous price and is getting close to what I paid in the early days of mobile communications.
Not affected myself, but when people seem to make a profit out of charging 8p it makes me wonder what is behind this.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@ chunky " I pay £20 on simplicity unlimited, and get 300 cross network minutes with unlimited texts and 500mb of internet" Not bad you migh like to know giffgaff do:
400 Mins
Unlimited Texts
Unlimted Data
All for £15 pounds from today calls out of that are 8ppm and 0800/0500 numbers are free
Three Charge £15 for 300 mins and 300 texts
Vodafone do Freebees
T-Mobile offer 100 mins for £10 the following month
Orange cheapest rate is 12 call and text
Highlighted
Anonymous

@ Chris from o2. I note the lack of reply to my questions:
I also now note the coments made on mobile today another fourm type site which states:
"Customers already on Pay & Go simplicity will remain on their existing allowance and at their existing price" So can you confirm that is correct if so why have PAYG users been sent text messages clearly starting out of bundle calls will now cost 35ppm rather than the 20ppm they were charge. Also can you explain how o2 works out a 15ppm rise equals 2.5% VAT rise on 20ppm??
Highlighted
Anonymous

Solo, chris doesnt seem to get on here very often so ill pick up your last post if i may. There is no contradiction in the question you put. If you pay £15 and get an allowance of, say, 300 inclusive miutes for that, or whatever it is you do get, it won't change. You still will. However, if you go outside of that allowance and make non-inclusive calls, you will now pay 35p instead of 20p.
Nobody at O2 is saying that the increase does equate to the vat rise, that's just the interpretation you put on what chris said.
What he was saying is that this is the first price increase on payg simplicity, while pay monthly customers also had an increase when vat went up in addition to this rise.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Beaufighter
Thanks for your post. However in Chris posts he stated that PAYG uses now pay the same as contract users. Part of that may be right in respect of VAT however part of that is wrong as he inplies that we now all pay 35ppm out of budle calls, yet checking the o2 site pay monthly uses still pay 20ppm for out of budle calls. Iam waiting on him to confirm that.
I accept that he dint say that the increase equates to the vat rise however it would be nice for someone from O2 to explain the 65/75% increase in out of bundle call charges give that giffgaff charge 8p, ADSA mobile about the same, Vodafone 21p Three about 26 of the top of my head and Orange on one of their plans charge 12p and T-Mobile 20p even TESCO on the o2 network charge 25/26ppm.
As someone has rightly pointed out these price charges have taken up back to the only days were I have an NEC G9 on BT Cellnet and charges were about 35/40ppm.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I understand that the pay monthly charge goes up to 35p a min on the 29th. the key there being to make sure you never need to pay it behaving enough minutes, I suppose.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It goes up on the 29th> Ive yet to be advise of this and when it does I shal be cancelling my contract under thier T C due to this rather large price increase. NOT INPRESSED O2
Highlighted
Anonymous

It goes up on the 29th? I wasn't made aware. Not that I ever go over my 300 allowance mins anyway so shouldn't notice any difference. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

i was thinking about going sim only, now i think i will move providers as o2 are no longer competitive anymore