Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

SIMPLICITY NEW PRICES

[ Edited ]
Well there you go wellcome to o2 who appear to be taken everything off:
Unlimited Texts now a wopping £7.50 was £5 pounds Even 500 MB of data has gone from £5 to £6 pounds anf if you want 1GB of Data add a tenner.
THese are the details so far that Ive found Im sure other plans are changing to:
http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/pay ... simplicity
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SIMPLICITY NEW PRICES

I pay £20 on simplicity unlimited, and get 300 cross network minutes with unlimited texts and 500mb of internet.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

chunky on your current it is 20.43 just the vat increase.
Payg simplicity has changed
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well guys look at it this way. The 300 min simplicity was £15 a month, not its £15.50.
Question does anyone know of 02 accepting a top up of £15.50 for that matter even a £5 top up so in effect you are going to have to top up by £20 surely every time you want this plan?
Or will o2 now provide vouchers for £15.50????????
Highlighted
Anonymous

Perhaps you can switch to another plan or use your minutes then your credit but bear in mind it will build up so you will get a month wehere you won't need to top up.
I stick on text and call as these plans seem to be a contract taster (to get you used to paying a monthly fee so that you may be tempted to switch to contract)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yep, its all gone up!! Even the calls made outside your simplicity allowance (pay&go) have gone up 15p per minute from 20p meaning its now a huge 35p/min to call landlines, other o2 customers and to people on other networks. I'm sorry but thats just to expensive in this day and age! o2 are really going down hill. And there's still no tethering or hotspot options for o2 customers who have an iphone on pay&go either!
Highlighted
Anonymous

15.50 gives you 300 minutes, surely people don't talk for 300 minutes a month on their mobile do they?
On text and call (I'm on this but have been with O2 for 5 years, not sure you can select it on a new SIM though) and text and web calls to landlines and other O2 phones is 25p for first three minutes and 5p for rest of the day and other networks is 25p/min.
Texts are 12p
There's no tethering or hotspot function becuase your connection would be broken when you ran out of credit and they'd prefer you to take out a contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi all
Just wanted to clarify a few things on this for you.
Web daily has changed to 50MB a day from 100MB for up to £1. This only affects customers that use the web on their mobile but don’t have a web Bolt On or are on Text & Web. If you have a Web Bolt On or are on Text & Web - you’ll still get your allowance (500MB a month) so you won’t be affected.
If you're on the original simplicity tariff (£5 for unlimited texts), you’ll stay on this and your simplicity cost won’t increase to £7.50 a month.
Simplicity out of bundle prices for calls have increased to 35p a minute, which is the same price as our Pay Monthly customers pay.
It's also worth noting that when VAT went up to 20%, we didn’t pass this cost onto simplicity customers. Effectively, this means that this will be the first price increase to affect simplicity customers.
Hope this helps,
Chris
Highlighted
Anonymous

The same price as our pay monthly customers WILL pay, chris.
The rise from 20p to 35p is new for us too. Does this rise affect existing contracts?
Highlighted
Anonymous

@ Chris
" Simplicity out of bundle prices for calls have increased to 35p a minute, which is the same price as our Pay Monthly customers pay.

Since when?? Im am on a 12 month Blackberry Simplicity planI get 300 mins unlimted data and unlimited texts according to my contract my calls of of bundle are 20ppm are you now advising us that the cost has increased to 35ppm if so I have not been formally advised and I also beleive I have the right to cancell contact now.
Also I note the information shown on your site: http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/12_months shows out of bundle costs to be 20. something pence not 35 . So either your site is wrong or you are. Please explain!!
I also note your comments: "It's also worth noting that when VAT went up to 20%, we didn’t pass this cost onto simplicity customers. Effectively, this means that this will be the first price increase to affect simplicity customers" Oh thats good then so the rise from 20ppm to 35ppm is due to VAT going up 2.5% , even with my Degree I cant work out how O2 manage to work out thats its a price rise of 2.5%?? Can you?