Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

SIM upgrade

I have just switched from a PAYG SIM to a Pay Monthly SIM. I have switched the SIM cards and have put the SSN in and the mobile number in. I can’t go any further than that.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SIM upgrade

Hi @Mel1976 have you done a sim swap? 

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 14,026

[ Edited ]

@Mel1976 wrote:

I have just switched from a PAYG SIM to a Pay Monthly SIM. I have switched the SIM cards and have put the SSN in and the mobile number in. I can’t go any further than that.

Hi @Mel1976 Are you trying to activate your sim?

If so, you need to contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Also, see o2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

I have gone through the swap my sim page, but got as far as step 3 when it said SSN number was wrong. I know it might sound like i’m being a bit thick, but how do I know when it is done successfully. Is the first mobile number that you put in on the swap my sim page, your old mobile number or your new one?
Highlighted

The first number is your current phone number and the one you will be wanting to keep.
The ssn number, sim serial number (SSN) for O2 starts with 894411 and you must enter this before the 13 digits printed on your sim pack.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Former Staff

Hi @Mel1976, and welcome to the forum slight smile Let us know how you get on with this SIM swap, if you're still stuck we'll try and help further!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

It’s now saying that the SIM is in the process of being swapped
Highlighted

That’s good news Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Good news