Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM swap not happening for a week

NZR18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My pay monthly contract came to an end two weeks ago. I chose to switch to pay as you go, so O2 sent me a new sim via Royal Mail and deactivated my number on the same day. But the sim was lost by Royal Mail. So I went to a O2 store, bought a payg sim and did the swap using text. Minutes later the payg sim lost service. After 24hrs, nothing happened.

From last Monday till today, I kept contacting O2 agent, using new replacement sim to swap again and again. Nothing worked out.

Anyone else here have the same issue? Don't want to try online help or voice team, as the only thing they know is swapping again...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

Only customer services can help you with this @NZR18

You must keep trying them for assistance, sorry.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 16

NZR18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly contacted customer services hours ago. After reading tons of records, even customer service suggested me to speak to voice team as they cannot do anything to help lol. I went to an O2 store this morning and rang the payg team, ended up with another swap using another new sim (the fifth try I remember). No luck till now...

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
I know it's no help to you, but we all all customers on here and cannot access your account to do anything, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT 

Can you assist at all?

Message 5 of 16

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5 slight_smile 

@NZR18

I'm sending you a PM (private message on the forum) to get some more info and see if we can help you further!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Have customer service not simply started again by sending you a sim with your number transferred by themselves? The number is obviously stuck in their system now with so many sim swaps tried already. These sims all want clearing from their system as the number is now tied to one of those simcards so further attempts just won't work.

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time you speak to CS @NZR18 ask them to transfer you to 2nd line tech support in the UK - this is what they are there for. Getting the call transfered will be challenging but if you persit it might work..then explain to them what's happened per @jonsie post and see if you can get them to effect the swap.

At the same time put an email into the UK CEO office explaining what's happened. All his details are searchable on Google - 'o2 uk ceo email address'.

Message 8 of 16

NZR18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That makes sense! Should've asked them to send it again. But it's royal mail O2 are using, I had a feeling that it might be safer and quicker to do it by myself... Having said that, I did ask the CS beforehand and they said yes. Didn't realise things would become so complicated.

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
It really shouldn’t be complicated!
Message 10 of 16