Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM swap not happening for a week

NZR18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My pay monthly contract came to an end two weeks ago. I chose to switch to pay as you go, so O2 sent me a new sim via Royal Mail and deactivated my number on the same day. But the sim was lost by Royal Mail. So I went to a O2 store, bought a payg sim and did the swap using text. Minutes later the payg sim lost service. After 24hrs, nothing happened.

From last Monday till today, I kept contacting O2 agent, using new replacement sim to swap again and again. Nothing worked out.

Anyone else here have the same issue? Don't want to try online help or voice team, as the only thing they know is swapping again...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

NZR18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update:

I called 03448090202 this morning as suggested by @EmilieT. Agent said he has put the swap through and it should work shortly. The reason he mentioned is the system experienced a delay during the weekend (it doesn't explain the failures last week though). I was advised to wait for one hour and he will call back if there is a problem. It's almost 1hour and a half. Still no luck. Called this number again. Another agent goes the status the form is complete and is pending now. They cannot do anything to force it because it's an automatic system thing. No explaination for the pending still...

Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It can take anything up to 9.00pm to kick in on your sim once the process has started.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It won't hurt to keep rebooting the phone either @NZR18 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

NZR18
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Final update: Day 17. Nothing really changed. No communication from technical team. Issue remained, while the "promised" compensation from the complaint team turned out to be another false promise. Not hoping to get the number back. Hence, I've moved to another carrier. Extremely disappointed about O2.

Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I don't blame you at all @NZR18 and  shocking service from a telecommunications company!

Message 16 of 16