cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only contract but very poor speeds can I cancel ?

TheViking34972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all. I have currently paid my device off in full and moved to a pay monthly SIM. But the data speed is VERY poor I contacted O2 regarding this and they sent me a new SIM but still the data speed is poor. I watch YouTube videos and some catch up apps to watch this things on my phone and all they do is buffer.

Now can I cancel my monthly plan becouse of this issue ? I would move to another provider. My contract isn't up untill 2022 the speeds I am currently getting using the O2 speed checker is 3 Mbps.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@TheViking34972 If you've gone past the change your mind period your options are very limited. You can pay off the remainder of what you owe on your contract and move on, or you can stay where you are and just watch your YouTube videos over WiFi. If you do decide to switch providers, get Pay & Go sims from them to find out which gives you the best coverage and speed. You may find your location is more of a factor, and that none are any better than what you have now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TheViking34972 Here's O2's change your mind policy: 

If you’ve taken out a sim only contract in store, over the phone or online, you can change your mind within 14 days of receiving your order. If you do want to cancel your agreement, contact us to let us know and we’ll get it sorted. We won’t ask you to return your sim, all you need to do is cut the sim in half once it’s stopped working.

We’ll give you back all the payments you’ve made, apart from any buy-out fee from your previous contract or any express delivery charges. You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

TheViking34972
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi and thanks for your reply unfortunately I am out of my 14 days ?
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@TheViking34972 If you've gone past the change your mind period your options are very limited. You can pay off the remainder of what you owe on your contract and move on, or you can stay where you are and just watch your YouTube videos over WiFi. If you do decide to switch providers, get Pay & Go sims from them to find out which gives you the best coverage and speed. You may find your location is more of a factor, and that none are any better than what you have now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4