Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only Pay monthly

BobH1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. So I have two SIM only mobiles. one is on a 1gb data/unlimited calls & texts the other on a 6gb data/unlimited calls & texts. The first costs £7.60 a month and the other the same, less 20% as a second phone. Wouldn't you think it would be possible to have some more data on the first line without increasing the cost, it seems I can't even swap the two plans.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38406 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

It may make sense, but not the way O2 thinks, @BobH1 - you'll need to look at getting the one you want changed upgraded at next opportunity - Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

uSwitch.com works well, dropping the selected upgrade into your MyO2 basket to complete the upgrade. Take care your SIMO is out of your initial contracted period, or there will be a markup for months missed. Good luck, @BobH1.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@BobH1 

Can you upgrade?

Use USwitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

BobH1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both are out of contract, the weird thing is that the one which I could do with more data on only offers me a 10gb  for £11.96 whilst the one with the 6gb offers 4gb for £7.60!

Message 4 of 9

BobH1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Maybe Sky at 5gb for £5 is easiest route and they use the O2 network.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@BobH1 

Just use uswitch.

Currently offering 30gb for £7.99 and others.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38406 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@BobH1 wrote:

Maybe Sky at 5gb for £5 is easiest route and they use the O2 network.

You will lose your 20% 2nd phone discount the Sky route, @BobH1 

Message 7 of 9

BobH1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Thanks for that I've followed your advice and UPGRADED the line with only 1GB to a 10GB for £5,99 which is fine. Final question if I upgrade the other line will I retain the 20% discount that it currently receives as a second phone?

Regards

Bob

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@BobH1 

You will need to apply for the discount again but yes, it will be eligible.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Message 9 of 9