Did you mean: 

SIM only - ‘I’ll be using an iphone’

Toria
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I’m looking to get a SIM only deal at the end of my contract. I currently have an iPhone SE however am looking to buy an android phone outright before the end of the 12month SIM only contract. I thought SIMs worked in all phones and it just depended on the size you take out of the card when it arrives. However when I choose a SIM deal it asks if I’ll be using an iPhone, does this mean my new SIM won’t also work in an android device?
Thanks for any info.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Toria

The sims work in any device. I have a sim only deal on my Samsung note 8

They only ask if it's an iphone so they can make sure it's provisioned for those devices

Sim only deals here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Toria

The sims work in any device. I have a sim only deal on my Samsung note 8

They only ask if it's an iphone so they can make sure it's provisioned for those devices

Sim only deals here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's no difference in SIM card.
The only changes are to the type of data bolt on that needs to be applied to your account for data to work correctly.
However, it's ironic that they ask as we often find customers complaining that they were set up incorrectly anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3