cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

pac68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am moving one of my o2 pay monthly accounts to Virgin. Receive the message 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK' when new sim inserted. Have gone through the unlock request process, however the number supplied by o2 does nothing - same message appears.

All works ok with the original o2 sim back in the phone, but my contract will expire soon and it seems I am unable to use the new sim. Have read various threads about similar instances, but most end up in private messages so I don't get to see the solution. Any advice appreciated.

Paul

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@pac68 

It was the O2 network unlock code you needed Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@pac68 

Phone is hardlocked due to too many unsuccessful unlock attempts.

You need a master unlock code which @Martin-O2 may be able to get for you.

The previous threads end in private messages because personal data is required from you and should not be shared on an open forum.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

pac68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, silly me. Have been with o2 a long time - this is the first time i've had to change sims for a different provider. I put the new sim in and when it asked for a code, well there were two codes on the Virgin sim, including an unblocking key, which sounded fairly plausible based on what the message was. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@pac68 

It was the O2 network unlock code you needed Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4