cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM cards and Pay & Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have inherited my daughter's iPhone 4 after she upgraded and I would like to transfer my number and SIM card but the iPhone uses a micro SIM.

Am I able to do this?

Also, I would like to change to a Pay & Go contract.

Please advise.

Thanks

David

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
SwapMySim Procedure.
If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one.
This is the same is a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.
Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.
If your newly sent SIM card is a Nano sized version then another alternative if O2 have not supplied a SIM card adapter kit with it, is to pick this free adapter kit up from any O2 Store ,or order a set for a small fee from one of the auction sites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
SwapMySim Procedure.
If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one.
This is the same is a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.
Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.
If your newly sent SIM card is a Nano sized version then another alternative if O2 have not supplied a SIM card adapter kit with it, is to pick this free adapter kit up from any O2 Store ,or order a set for a small fee from one of the auction sites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
CS will also change you to a PAYG tariff if you ask them slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The original owner of the iPhone will need to carry out the following procedure so you can input your own Apple ID.

Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings.

Activation lock info http://support.apple.com/kb/ph13695
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's brilliant @MI5 ! Couldnt have said better myself!:smileywink:

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's brilliant @MI5 ! Couldnt have said better myself!:smileywink:

Picked up on your previous advice @Anonymous  Dance

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6