Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card hasn't arrived

cannycustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have a PAYG account and wish to change to a pay monthy. Last Tuesday I actually managed to speak to someone and it was arranged that I would be sent a new SIM for 1GB data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts for £6 pm. I was told it would arrive in 1-3 working days. This is now 4th working day or 6 ordinary days and I am getting anxious in case it hasn't been sent. I tried ringing from my mobile but the automated voice wanted the answer to my security question that was set up when I joined O2. I have been with O2 for many years and I don't ever remember setting up a security question, so as to the answer???

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cannycustomer 

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband and brother in law. Also all the problems you are having.

You ask about other companies which use the O2 network, we have Tesco and giffgaff. The only problem is, you would still be dealing with O2 customer services.

I could ask @O2Lisa ,another account advisor, to see if she could help here but also wonder if you have thought about going instore as the shops are open now and dealing with someone face to face would be a lot better?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Thomaso1 or @O2Emma can you assist @cannycustomer?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 22

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino thanks I will pick it up grin

signature
Message 3 of 22

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @cannycustomer sorry to hear you have not received your new sim card . You will need to contact Pay and Go customer services if you do not know the password for the automated voice it will put you through to a agent. I am sorry that I am unable to check on Pay and Go accounts.

O2Emma

signature
Message 4 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spent 25 minutes responding fully to Emma and there was a 'mismatch' so all was deleted. In a nutshell, the problem was with the credit check. O2 had an incorrect birthdate. Got through to three different agents and was cut off yet again. Lots of checking here there and everywhere and nothing fully sorted, just lots of listening to music. Sigh.

Too tired and exhausted to do more.

Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You could try calling O2

You need to call O2.

All numbers are in this guide

You can use Skype from your PC to call the free numbers if you have no phone available

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Message 6 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to get through to an advisor in Sales at 8.05 this morning without any trouble. I quickly explained what had happened previously and she acknowledged that the call had been made the previous day. No mention of the call made on the 6th of March. However, we had to go through the whole procedure yet again. I found the questions very intrusive; e.g. what apps did I use on my mobile, what was my data usage on my PAYG, to name just a few. I appreciate this is to confirm that the IGB data, 500 mins, and unlimited text was the correct one for my needs, but this was for the third time of asking. I was also having difficulty in understanding what this adviser was saying as she had an accent and spoke very quickly. When I asked her to speak more slowly, she spoke very, very slowly for the next few words and then back to top speed again. The continual questioning had me in tears. I still am. The way I need to use my mobile has now changed and this was thoroughly discussed with the first advisor. I wish to god that he had checked my date of birth and all would have gone through successfully.

I feel very vulnerable as my husband died only a few weeks ago. Yesterday was a difficult day, too, as my much younger sister was sat by her husband in hospital after surgery, as they turned off his life support system. I am still having serious problems with BT to the extent that my husband's executor has advised me to write to the Ombudsman.

My O2 experience is that with my first phone call, things went amiss as my date of birth was incorrect.
Second experience is that the adviser with whom I spent 25 minutes on the phone going through all the details I went through with the first adviser, said she would phone me back if we were cut off (as had happened previously) whilst she was checking things out, never did.
Today is an exact repeat of yesterday, except that section she needed to contact did not open until 9 so she would phone me back at 9. Obviously it would need to be a little later. It is now turned 10.a.m. and I am still sat here with lots of jobs to do.

Conclusion: Whilst I appreciate that the Covid situation has made things extremely difficult, it appears that a £5 a month contract isn't enough to attract any sales, so I think I need to start afresh elsewhere. If anyone can suggest a company that uses the O2 network, with which I am very happy, I would be extremely grateful.

This has been the first time I have had to use the Community. For the many years I have been with O2 I have been extremely satisfied.

So grateful to those who responded,
Still in tears,
Valerie

Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cannycustomer 

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband and brother in law. Also all the problems you are having.

You ask about other companies which use the O2 network, we have Tesco and giffgaff. The only problem is, you would still be dealing with O2 customer services.

I could ask @O2Lisa ,another account advisor, to see if she could help here but also wonder if you have thought about going instore as the shops are open now and dealing with someone face to face would be a lot better?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

I'll message you privately @cannycustomer and I'll see what I can get sorted for you, I am sorry about all of this 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa

I think @cannycustomer has quite enough to deal with, without this mess on top of everything. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22