cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my phone the other day from the HTC WP7 to Samsung Galaxy S3. I collected my phone yesterday and I didn't realise this thing with the Micro SIM.

So I went to the swapmysim site, put in my phone number, got the code, put the code in but it would never accept the Micro SIM number that was on it. Eventually it said I tried too many attempts.

I then went on to the live chat support and spoke to someone. They were helping me and said it will take 24hrs. This morning I woke up and the old sim on my HTC says Invalid SIM, so I'm thinking good progress. The Samsung still says no SIM.

It's only been 15 hours, so not quite 24 yet, but I was wondering is it normal for the swap to not happen at the same time?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will admit here that it was human error. There was no solution to this problem besides doing something properly.

My new phone did not detect the SIM because i had not pushed it in all the way as I did not realise the SIM slot had a click/spring mechanism and so I didn't want to force the SIM in any further than necessary.

The issue of the SIM Swap not working on the website was resolved by contacting support on the Live Chat who did the swap for me.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive had sim swap take 1 hour to 24 hours and yes there can be a delay. Just keep turning your phone on and off over a period of time for the sim to reset.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks, hopefully my new SIM will be working in the next 5 1/2 hours then.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was completed in 2 hours so just regularly turn your phone on & off to see if you have network signal

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep turning it on and off and it keeps saying "No SIM".

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait the full 24 hours, if still not working, take sim out, clean it, maybe restore phone or last resort contact cs

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i'll wait and see then try that if it doesn't work. But something tells me it's not going to work because whenever i've been told 24hours it nearly always isn't anywhere near that long and right now I have no working SIM.

I've seen loads of people having problems with the swapmysim webpage so i don't know why the service is there if it doesn't work properly. But I hope all turns out ok by 5pm.

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If nothing works give cs a call or use the live chat

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will. Live chat is what I used yesterday.

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

What did chat suggest or did they read from their prepared script

Message 10 of 16